Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Trip Home

Tonight I escaped to my hometown via the great world of blogging. It is amazing how time can just fly by because it seems that one blog just leads to another.....and before you know it hours have gone by. I was able to see blogs of so many people from the Gila Valley, people that I love but it has been so long since I have seen them or caught up. I have to be honest that it made me a little homesick not to be able to reach out and hug them. But on the other hand, it was wonderful to see their lives, full of joy, trials, happiness, success, growth and even sorrow, as we know this is truly the Refiners fire. When I moved to Utah, I left behind so much. I knew that it meant a new, sweet start, but at times I feel like I completely removed part of who I am. How do you find the balance between those two worlds?? Between leaving the sad, hard and hurt that came from all that was happening in my marriage 5 years ago, trying to move on and going forward and embracing that I am exactly who I am because of all that I did go through and that I am grateful I am ME! I have always loved the Gila Valley and hope that someday, the anxiety that I feel when I do physically travel home will leave and that I will look forward with anticipation to bumping into the unknowns with smiles, happiness and joy...I know this is a matter of time healing the soul, I do hope that it heals quickly. I am so grateful for each of you who do warmly embrace and welcome me home...I love each of you!

8 comments:

Crossman's said...

You amaze me with your strength and hope. That is why I love being your friend!! And yes I do too miss those friends back in Arizona. Keep smiling and enjoy life even when it is hard. By the way I laughed really hard with Ellie and the canoe!!

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

Hey Kam!
I can't believe how long it's been. I'm glad you found my blog. I love blogging and being able to keep up with poeple that I don't get to see very often. I'm really bad about keeping in touch... I had no idea you were in Utah now, where are you? I love visiting Utah, it's so beautiful and I love the feeling you get being so close to church history and stuff. Your sure have a good looking bunch of kids. I don't know about you but I don't feel old enough to have kids growing up so fast!!!

Booksmadebykids said...

I love your blog! I can't believe it! It has been so long! Keeep up the good work!

Ferrin Square said...

Can I just say...I know just how you feel? At least, in some small way. I took Dallin and Lan home to Thatcher to take care of some dental stuff. Sunday morning before we left, I had to go get something we had left at the Bell's (Lan's shoes). Anyway, I passed Derek Larsen and Bro. Bishop hustling along to ward council. It was bittersweet:) I'm so very thankful for the valley and the people there. And always, you are part of the "landscape" of my experience there. Loves to you...

Annie Taylor said...

Hey Kam, it was great to "stumble" onto your blog. It is crazy how much time I waste "blogstalking" people I haven't seen in forever. I think we both moved out of the tri-city area at the same time. I am now in Safford and its kinda weird to be home, but good. Its great to here from you and your family. You are amazing!!! Love your blog, its an inspiration, really enjoyed your quote.

Jenn said...

Kam!
It's me, Jenn Bosshardt. I found your blog on Jenny Rowser's. I see Shelby every now and then but never run into you. Your boys have gotten SO big-- Ellie too! I wish you were still in Bunco so I could see you. Sounds like your life is crazy as ever. That post about Ellie and the canoe-- How scary!!!!!!! That would be a sight to see. I'm glad she's okay. It was fun to see what you and your kids have been up to.

Christie said...

Hey, I just came across your blog. I am glad to see you are doing well. I think of you often and how you made my move to the Gila Valley a little easier. Your kids are so grown up, and super cute. Take care.