Thursday, August 21, 2008

Back to School


It 's that time of year again, fresh tennis shoes, nice haircuts, backpacks and of course new school clothes. Today was the first day of school for my kids, Shelby is in 7th grade, Collin is in 5th and Dallin is in 2nd and Ellie will do one more year of Preschool. The kids have been excited for school to start and have looked forward to seeing all of their friends. Shelby was especially excited that in 7th grade they are able to have lots of different teachers and she is really enjoying her math teacher who makes it lots of fun! Collin was able to have the same teacher as he had last year as she moved up a grade with them. He really enjoyed her last year and her teaching style really matched his learning style. He had straight A's and enjoyed lots of success. Dallin has Mrs. Mair this year and he comes home beaming about how nice she is and how much fun he had at school. Ellie won't start back to preschool until after Labor Day and she is extremely bored! She will be at school 5 days a week as her preschool teacher will also be her babysitter, we have been so blessed to have so many things line up for our family. We love it here in Heber and we love the schools. I am always grateful for the routine that school provides, my clock seems to tick a whole lot better when we have structure in place. I have to believe that it is good for my kids too! Summer went by really quickly but we did do quite a few fun things and enjoyed one another as well. No getting my kids to bed early....well that is a whole nother (is nother really a word or just western slang??) challenge in and of itself.




2 comments:

NanaH said...

What fun to turn on the laptop and see an email from the Wrights, one of my favorite families. Sounds like you are all having too much fun. I just went through the "can we get a dog" senario. However a 16 year old doesn't quite have that little boy look to melt a mom's heart, especially since he's been driving me nuts since he turned 14! I sucessful withstood it. Love to read about you and yours

Natalie said...

Kam--Thanks for the sweet message on my blog yesterday. Your kids look so grown up. I can't believe you gave into your kids with the puppy! Although dallin has eyes that would melt anyones heart.v